Sunday 17 June 2018

100 Word Challenge

Prompt:
Title: Dedication 118 words
The barrel of the gun was pressing into my head, loaded and ready. “Hurry up!” the terrorist barked in my ear. He shoved me into a room with all the other hostages, the gun still on my forehead. Once I was inside he snatched the gun back and closed the door. Locking it behind him. Outside I heard a bang, a thump and the sound of bending metal. The door unlocked and opened. We all crowded in the corner. A young man poked his head through the door. “It’s okay.” he said. “He’s gone.”
10 years later the gun the man had used was made into a sculpture and was dedicated to the man that saved our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caitlin,
    Well done on your 100 Word Challenge. I found it very evocative and emotional. I can't imagine how a person would feel if their life was in immediate danger of death. How lucky that a hero would come to save them, I think that's what we would all hope for. Keep up the great writing,
    Ciara (Team100)
    Ireland

    ReplyDelete

100 Word Challenge

Prompt: ‘...we seemed to be on the television…’ Title: Cheese! The crowds roared in the stands, the hot pies steamed and the rain poured dow...