Tuesday 6 November 2018

100 Word Challenge

Prompt: ‘...I wondered what was behind the door…’
Title: The Haunted House

The floorboards creaked beneath my weight, doors creaked open and spiderwebs hung from the walls. I shuffled along the corridor with my best friend Ellie trailing behind.
“Charlotte I think we should turn back. Take the emergency exit maybe…” she whispered. We approached the end of the hallway and saw a door, illuminated by a green light. I wondered what was behind the door. Maybe a zombie? It had to be something to scare the wits out of me.
I opened the door carefully, peeking around the corner. Sitting on a pole was a gem, shiny and beautiful. Gliding towards it, as if in a trance was… it couldn’t be… it wasn’t possible...
A GHOST!!!
I sprinted out the door, grabbing Ellie’s hand on the way. Down the corridor, through reception and out onto the street. I had had enough of Haunted Houses for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Word Challenge

Prompt: ‘...we seemed to be on the television…’ Title: Cheese! The crowds roared in the stands, the hot pies steamed and the rain poured dow...