Sunday 6 May 2018

100 Word Challenge



Prompt: ‘...when did it arrive?...’

I sit impatiently on the couch waiting for my package to arrive. Ding! Dong! I rush towards the door as the mailman dumps the package. “Sign here, here and here. Yup. Thanks” And he’s gone. I drag the package into the living room where Dad is waiting. He looks up from his newspaper. “What ‘ave you got there ‘un?” he says. “When did it arrive?”
“Like, 30 seconds ago!” Is all I can say as I run to the kitchen to grab the scissors. I rummage through the drawers until I find them. Then I sprint back to the living room and open the tape. As I peer inside I realize. This is the wrong package.

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Word Challenge

Prompt: ‘...we seemed to be on the television…’ Title: Cheese! The crowds roared in the stands, the hot pies steamed and the rain poured dow...